The Only Thing Faster Than My Posting

Faithful readers, I apologize for the agonizing wait over a new post but I do, contrary to popular opinion have a life and a job. Should the life bit include the job? I don't want to become one of those people whose life is their job. Unless I'm the Queen or something. Fantasizing again, yes that is one of the reasons why I have not been posting. Also, I was busy with Formula 1! Yeay!

Did you go? Did you know someone who went (apart from yours truly)? Did you see all the photos on BB and FB? Within two hours of reaching home (the duration of a race just FYI), I had edited and uploaded my F1 photos on FB. Oh and if you can't see them, this is very awkward. . . . . It's not that I don't want YOU to see them, there are so many random people on my Friends list and Zuckerberg the Droid chooses to change up the lists stuff every week and people like me - we get confused! You, yes, you are not random. So yeah, I had uploaded my photos at the speed of Vettel's last lap, which was some sort of record apparently (I'm interested, but not that interested). Who was I supporting? Well I had dressed up like a Ferrari Pit Boss but I knew Vettel's gonna win. And do you know what? I didn't mind. Why didn't I mind? Because Red Bull gives you wings.

I must confess that I was QUITE excited, not about the race per se but to have what I called a road trip (jump up and down on seat clapping with fervour and uncontrollable glint in eye) with friends who had travelled specially to experience the temporary deafness. It was an experience, travelling to Noida (reference to Srish who calls it NoIdea), I mean the Greatest Noida of the Most Wonderful Sushree Behenji Mayawati Ji Must Have Diamonds Beneath Her Looz Wheeton Heels Didi. After the exit from the DND, there was a very long stretch of road where traffic was quite slow, a three lane one if I remember correctly. To my left was a hitherto undeveloped jungle probably where all the lovers meet after Project Majnu (thanks for that uDiddy) operations took place in the massive park on my right replete with an embarrassingly miniature version of the Rashtrapati Bhawan and gargantuan statue of Most Wonderful Sushri Behenji Diamond Didi. And to my front was a very upset Kanpurian (Kanpuriite? Kanpuri? Kanpuro? Kanpurer?) telling me great stories of corruption and mismanagement in our Most Wonderful Uttar Pradesss. Was that park really necessary when the roads needed to be wider? I don't think so, I mean, who wouldn't want to stare at a park with no trees, where they could be leched at and run for miles and miles and the park never ends while they're sitting in a car in traffic? I know where I'd rather be.

We had awesome seats, not in the Grand Stand (Oh, excuse me, I just felt some snot from your nose when you looked down at me right now), in East Stand 2, at a sharp bend. I may not have been able to see the screen, but I did see Felipe Massa being taken for a ride (pun intended) on a scooter after his genius overtaking skills. The aforementioned Kanpuro was like a mini-commentator who kept shouting - Vettel! Webber! Alonso! Massa! Hamilton! Schumacher! etc in the ALL the laps. Kanpurer also thought it appropriate to shout the names of the people, oh I'm sorry, the dignitaries shown on the big screen during the National Anthem Vijay Mallya! Sid Mallya! And some others I don't remember now because I was singing my poor little patriotic heart out! I hope that whoever was there, felt that rush of pride sitting in an F1 circuit in the middle of nowhere in India with cold food outside and absolutely 0 knowledge of the sport. I must mention the two minutes of silence that were maintained at the beginning wherein everyone couldn't just SHUT UP and although no one was asking, people felt the need to say 'It's a moment of Silence guys! Oh didn't you hear me over the silence, it's a moment of Silence!'

Then the race began and it was loud but not quite as loud as I expected or experienced in Singapore (I would drop that in there), it was fast and then it got boring and then it got exciting again towards the final few laps and then you were just tired. What was I talking about? Oh you guys are disgusting. I was thinking of the treadmill. Jeez. The youth of today is just sick.

So here's looking forward to the next F1... where I will hopefully be in the Grand Stand and mock those who were not. Such a Delhiite.

courtesy - Kanaru World's Tumblr
courtesy - Photobomb  
Driving that point home with Lewis. And don't you forget it. 


Comments

Apurva Jain said…
You didn't get the Grand Stand?! Pfft! Loser.

Popular Posts